GEM Awarded the Sustainable Development & Social Responsibility Label for Higher Education Institutions
At the end of 2021, Grenoble Ecole de Management received the sustainable development label for higher education institutions (SD & SR Label). This recognition affirms the quality of the School's commitments and its status as a Société à mission. In particular, the label's auditors praised:
- The capacity as a société à mission, which is supported by five key objectives that respond to the challenges of ecological, societal, and economic transition.
- The sustainability committee, which reaches out to the entire school community and allows GEM stakeholders to get involved with sustainable development and social responsibility, as well as the actions of the student association IMPACT, which coordinates the CSR managers for each association.
- The continuous improvement process which incorporates SD & SR into all courses, electives, and training.
- Our research, which focuses on four societal challenges - health, energy, digitization, and inclusive sustainability - in its ecosystem with high-impact projects and publications aligned with the School's strategic goal to serve society.
- The School's policy of social openness, such as the Data Asperger program or the Refugee Grant program.
About the Labelling System "The SD & SR Label"
The label is the result of the collective work of a dozen universities and Grandes Ecoles, the Convention of Grandes Ecoles, the Conference of University Presidents, the Ministry in charge of sustainable development, the Ministry in charge of higher education, and the French Network of Students for Sustainable Development. It is in line with Art. 55 of the Grenelle 1 Law on the Environment in response to the 2013 Environmental Conference's roadmap and the number of international initiatives gathered on the platform persees.org/
Bollhoff Strengthens Its Partnership with the GEM Economic Peace Chair
The international and family-owned Bollhoff Group, historical partner of the Economic Peace Chair of Grenoble Ecole de Management, renews its commitment. Located in the Savoie region, the company which is specialized in assembly and set-up techniques and products, develops, industrializes, and markets its assembly components and installation tools for strategic automotive, aeronautic, and industrial sectors. It employs 424 people at its two sites in the Savoie region.
This fourth generation family business supports a wide variety of projects, initiatives, and associations, which make an important contribution to the common good. For Sébastien Berteloodt, General Manager of Country Management: "Böllhoff has supported the Chair since its inception and has accompanied its development towards economic peace because our values, centered around human individuals, the workplace collective, and the company's place in society, have much in common.
We are renewing our commitment to the Chair for the next three years because, now more than ever, in an increasingly unstable word, the notion of economic peace seems important to us.
There is a certain urgency to act (each in their own way) to move towards a more sustainable and fairer world that we all believe in (...).
Böllhoff is a family-owned company with a long-term focus (a focus in which the company's role in society plays an essential role). The company affirms its desire to promote diversity, support education, and share work values that benefit the greatest number of people. In order to cultivate these ideas, alongside our colleagues working in association with the Economic Peace Chair, we have decided to renew this commitment."